Common Ground on the Hill Volunteer Application
Now accepting applications for Traditions Weeks and Festival 2017!
To apply for a volunteer position during Traditions Weeks or the Roots Music and Arts Festival, please fill in the information in the form below and click on submit form button at the bottom of this page.
Volunteer applications will be accepted until June 20, 2017. Early applicants always get the best pick of jobs. Don't delay!
Volunteer in Exchange for Free Tuition
- For 12 hours of volunteer service during a Traditions Week, candidates are eligible to receive maximum one free class (one class period for five days) at Common Ground. Volunteers who want to earn a class should expect to work two class periods per day. Materials fees are extra.
- Because most visual art classes are two periods per day, volunteers will need to pay for the additional period.
- For three hours of volunteer service during the Festival, volunteers will be admitted to the Festival for free on the day that they volunteer. When trading volunteer hours for classes or Festival admission, preference will be given to volunteers with a financial need.
- Tradition Week shifts are two to three hours per day unless otherwise noted or scheduled.
- Enrollment preference will be given to paying students in the case of full classes.
You must read the Guidelines for Volunteers. Click here to review the guidelines before completing and submitting this form.
Special Notes on Specific Volunteer Jobs
Please take note of the special requirements for these volunteer jobs:
Festival: Festival shifts are three hours per day unless otherwise noted or scheduled.
Shifts may begin one hour before the Festival opens and may end after the close of the Festival day.
Festival set up is all day Friday of Week Two
Handicap Services: Volunteers may be asked to transport students in wheelchairs.
Hospitality: Must be able to lift if working set up or break down times
Sound: Must be proficient in the operation of sound equipment . Must be able to lift sound equipment.
Store: Must be able to lift if working during set up or break down times
Transportation: Must commit to one full day of service and have a reliable vehicle and a safe driving record.
For more information, contact:
Common Ground on the Hill
c/o McDaniel College
2 College Hill
Westminster MD 21157
We are now accepting applications for Traditions Weeks & Festival 2017.
To Recommend Common Ground on the Hill to a Friend, click here!